TRAVEL MARKETING. THE YEARBOOK OF TRAVEL FACTS, FIGURES AND TRENDS
This report discusses several general topics related to travel and tourism. A section on the market describes travel market perspectives, domestic and international traffic, and passport facts. Various modes of transportation including domestic and international airlines, charter flights, buses, railroads and cruise ships are discussed. A discussion of hotel, motel, and resort accommodations is included as well as a brief market overview of Portugal and the Caribbean. Travel services and traveler characteristics are described. A section on travel advertising discusses expenditures by travel segments, by major measured media and by leading advertisers. U.S. and world economies, exchange rates, inflation, population and taxes are discussed. A glossary of travel organizations and abbreviations is included as well as an index of tables, charts and graphs.
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Advertising; Airlines; Bus transportation; Charts; Economics; Inflation; International trade; Marketing; Railroad transportation; Tourism; Travel agents; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Accommodations; Charting
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Marine Transportation; Motor Carriers; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182480
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Travel Marketing
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM