STUDY OF MARITIME AIDS TO NAVIGATION IN THE SHORT DISTANCE MARITIME ENVIRONMENT. TASK IV.
The report presents a methodology for measuring the benefits and costs of both the present system of aids to navigation in the short distance civil maritime environment and any future improved system. Included in this methodology are tables of data for use directly in the cost benefit procedure. Methods for collecting and compiling the statistical data needed to compute costs and benefits on a port-byport and area-by-area basis are included, together with the best sources of available data. In addition, first estimates of user benefits in a selected user-area categories were computed to provide examples of how the procedures can be used to provide meaningful quantitative results.
Geonautics IncorporatedFalls Church, VA United States
- Publication Date: 1969-1
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: Aids to navigation; Coastwise shipping; Economic analysis; Inland waterways; Maneuvering; Navigational aids; Position fixing; Ship pilotage
- Old TRIS Terms: Coastal navigation; Economic analysis (Navigational aids); Inland waterways navigation; Position finding; Restricted water operation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00015138
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-83291-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 2003 12:00AM