AVIATION SYSTEM PLANNING--AIRPORT PLANNING IN MARYLAND
The approach which has been used by the state of Maryland in planning for future airport needs is described. Airports are considered as competitive attractions, and aircraft and air passenger forecasts are generated on the basis of the socioeconomic characteristics of small geographic units. Aircraft and air passengers are assigned to airports by computer modeling techniques.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/8674831
- Research supported by the Federal Highway Administration.
New York, NY USA 10017-2398
- Rubin, D L
- Publication Date: 1977-6
- Pagination: p. 16-18
- TRT Terms: Airport planning; Passengers; Regional planning; Simulation; Socioeconomic factors; States; Technological forecasting
- Old TRIS Terms: State planning
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Passenger Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00180177
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM