THE ORGANIZATION OF WORK SCHEDULES FOR AIR TRAFFIC CONTROLLERS
A study of the alertness of 66 French air traffic controllers, based on a test of saccadio eye movements, is reported. The alertness levels determined by the experiment were found to show no significant correlation with the various work schedules of the air traffic personnel; however, the performance level did vary from day to night. Work schedules of air traffic controllers in other western European nations are also discussed.
- Nato, AGARD, Meeting, Scuola Militare di Sanita Aeronautica, Rome, Italy, Fegbruary 25, 1976.
- Papin, J P
- Publication Date: 1977
- Pagination: p. 165-180
- Rivista di Medicina Aeronautica e Spaziale
- Volume: 40
- TRT Terms: Air traffic controllers; Alertness; Human factors; Performance; Personnel; Scheduling; Workload
- Old TRIS Terms: Saccadic eye movements
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00180134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM