A $75,000,000 PROBLEM--WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT?
Those who need and use rail freight service are being deprived of the use of thousands of freight cars every month and are paying higher freight rates because many shippers and receivers are needlessly damaging these cars. A little thought and care can save everyone--shippers, receivers and railroads--time and money. Elimination of this careless and needless damage to freight cars and the consequent need to remove them from service for repair can result in an almost-immediate increase in the supply of freight cars of all types.
- Announcement of this brochure appeared in Railway Age, Volume 172, Number 6, page 42.
Southern Freight Association151 Ellis Street
Atlanta, GA USA 30303
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Loads; Loss and damage; Loss and damage claims; Packaging
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00040983
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Age
- Report/Paper Numbers: Brochure
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1974 12:00AM