AUTOMATIC REGULATION OF OPERATING REGIMES OF SHIPS EQUIPPED WITH CONTROLLABLE PITCH PROPELLERS
The book discusses the principles involved in the designing of the systems and elements for the automation of vessels equipped with variable pitch propellers (VPP). The authors also discuss the methods utilized to adjust and set these devices. A methodology is presented of the design including the use of electronic mathematical machines of continuous action, with their linkage with actual equipment, the systems of automation and of programmed control were developed on the basis of magnetoelastic moment pickup devices and other measuring units. (Author)
- Trans. of Mono. Artomaticheskoe Regulirovanie Razhimov Raboty Sudov, Leningrad, 1965, 200p.
Naval Ship Systems CommandWashington, DC United States
- Khaikin, A B
- Shtumpf, E P
- Publication Date: 1967-2
- Pagination: 187 p.
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Controllable pitch propellers; Variable pitch propellers; Voyage management systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00015134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Defense Documentation Center
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAVSHIPS-TRANS-1021
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 13 1973 12:00AM