THE WISCONSIN STATE RAIL PLAN
This planning document, the fifth in a series of reports, discusses the general condition and status of railroads serving Wisconsin and analyzes alternatives for lines potentially subject to abandonment. The plan provides the framework and guidance for public officials and others interested in attempting to solve or ease railroad problems as they arise. It is prepared in compliance with the 3R and 4R Acts and the State's Environmental Policy Act.
Madison, WI United States 53707-7910
- Publication Date: 1978-12-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Environmental impacts; Railroad traffic; Railroad transportation; State government; States; Subsidies; Traffic density; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Geographic Terms: Wisconsin
- Old TRIS Terms: Light density lines; State rail plan
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188072
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM