ONGOING SURVEY OF GRAIN FLOWS, 1977
The Survey for 1977 will develop data on shipments of grain to and from grain elevators in the U.S. Interviews are being conducted under the auspices of forty-two states' land grant universities to obtain information regarding the origin and destination of shipments, the mode of transportation by which the grains are shipped, and other factors of grain trade, such as handling, storage, drying, and processing. The study information will be coordinated by the Department of Agriculture. Sponsors of the grain flow data processing are the Corps of Engineers Institute for Water Resources, the Federal Railroads Administration, the Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation, and MarAd. The data will be orgainzed by geographical areas. A report, statistical appendices, and data tapes are to be generated from the study and should be available in the summer of 1979. Whether or not the report will be updated depends on the funding and inclination of the state universitites to continue their participation.
U.S. Army Corps of EngineersWater Resources Support Center, Casey Building, 7701 Telegraph Road
Alexandria, VA United States 22315-3868
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Commodities; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Grain; Handling and storage; Information processing; Storage facilities; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow; Grain trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Cargo transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00187193
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Data Base
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM