NAVAL SHIP PROCUREMENT PROCESS STUDY: FINAL REPORT (ANALYSIS, FORECAST)
The following data are included in the study: U.S. Navy new construction awards, FY 1960-1978; the Navy five-year shipbuilding program by ship type and dollar value, 1979-1983; Navy new construction ship deliveries; employment history and levels at the eleven major shipyards; shipbuilding labor at all private shipyards; total capital investment at the eleven shipyards; outstanding major shipbuilding claims; forecasts of manpower and projected workload at nine major shipyards; data on contracting policies, contract types, and clauses; data on management of ship construction contracts, including dollars expended and workload versus work force; total change orders; and backlog and aging of undefinitized directed changes, January 1976--March 1978.
Department of the NavyAssistant Secretary for Manpower, Reserve Affairs and Logist
Washington, DC United States 20301
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Contracts; Costs; Directories; Labor force; Labor market; Management; Military vessels; Shipbuilding; Shipyard personnel; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Manpower studies; Shipyard employment
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00187165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of the Navy
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM