TRENDS IN THE MINERALS INDUSTRY, 1970
The Bureau of Mines annually publishes statistical data reflecting technological trends in the minerals industry (metals and nonmetals except fuels). This report outlines recent developments and trends and the technology outlook for mining practices and metallurgical processing based on a review of the minerals industry during the past 2 years. A historical statistical series which indicates trends in the minerals industry has been extended with 1970 data. In addition, data are given from a 5-year Bureau of Mines cyclic canvass of froth flotation plants. Data for 1970 are compared with those of 1960 and 1965.
- This Information Circular was prepared by the Staff of the Bureau of Mines. Its notification appeared in the Bureau of Mines--New Publications, September 1972, Monthly List 689.
Bureau of MinesCollege Park Research Center
College Park, MD USA 20742
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Mineral resources; Minerals
- Old TRIS Terms: Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00040976
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines
- Report/Paper Numbers: IC 8547
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1973 12:00AM