ANNUAL REPORT OF THE SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION ON HAZARDOUS MATERIALS CONTROL (ANALYSIS)
The annual report includes a summary of hazardous materials incident reports involving death or injury by mode of transport; Coast Guard data on unintentional releases of hazardous materials aboard tank vessels, vessel casualties, waterfront casualties and pollution responses; special permits and exemptions granted by mode of transportation, including a breakdown on those issued by the Coast Guard; hazardous materials regulations violations and enforcement actions; hazardous materials inspections of carriers, shippers, and container manufacturers; Coast Guard port and merchant marine inspections; commodities most frequently named in hazardous materials incident reports; Coast Guard marine casualties involving bulk hazardous materials carriers for the fiscal year; and a listing of Coast Guard projects and publications concerning hazardous materials.
Department of TransportationMaterials Transportation Bureau, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Chemical spills; Fatalities; Hazardous materials; Inspection; Regulation; Safety and security; Ships; Spills (Pollution); Transportation; Transportation safety; Water; Water quality management; Water transportation crashes
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Hazardous chemical spills; Hazardous materials transportation; Ship casualties; Vessel inspection; Water pollution regulation
- Subject Areas: Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00187109
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM