U.S. OCEANBORNE FOREIGN TRADE ROUTES (ANALYSIS). ANNUAL REPORT
This is the first edition of "U.S. Oceanborne Foreign Trade Routes" and is planned to be an annual publication designed to replace and expand upon the former "Essential U.S. Foreign Trade Routes" series. It presents detailed information on cargoes moving on U.S. foreign waterborne trade routes both in U.S.-flag and foreign-flag vessels. Part I is a narrative analysis of transportation patterns, trends, and commodity flows. Parts II and III contain commodity flow information by type of service (liner, tanker, and non-liner) and trade route. For each trade route, a map showing geographical area of coverage is included along with commodity data by type of service. Part II shows essential trade routes and Part III remaining trade routes. No distinction is made for cargoes moved by landbridge or mini-bridge methods. Any cargo which originates in one country, is transshipped to another, and loaded on a vessel bound for the U.S. appears as moving from country where loaded to the U.S. The same holds true for exports from the U.S. The Bureau of the Census is the primary source for the data.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Exports; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; International trade; Liner shipping; Mathematical models; Statistics; Studies; Trade; Trade routes; Transportation; Trend (Statistics); Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cargo flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Commodity statistics; Trade analysis; Trade route studies; Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00187091
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM