ANNUAL REPORT OF THE LAKE CARRIERS' ASSOCIATION (ANALYSIS)
Statistical information includes total Great Lakes bulk tonnage for the year; recommended upbound and downbound drafts for the year; new U.S. and Canadian Great Lakes bulk carriers and tankers (name, company of build, hull number, overall length, beam, depth, engine, HP, speed, where built, year in commission); vessel name changes; U.S. and Canadian vessels in Great Lakes service; Lake bulk freight commerce by years, 1947-; iron ore, bituminous coal, petroleum products, and grain trade statistics; port shipments from individual Great Lakes ports by years, 1946-; grain shipments and receipts of U.S. Great Lakes ports; grain held in storage cargoes for the year; cargo records of selected vessels for the year; comparative statement of Lake commerce passing through the Canal at Sault Ste. Marie for the year and previous season; Detroit River, Seaway, and New York barge canal traffic statistics for the year; new and existing harbor structures; and 9th USCG District activities for the year (SAR statistics, icebreaking activities, aids to navigation established, law enforcement, and environmental protection and merchant marine safety actions).
- For information, call (216) 621-1107.
Lake Carriers' Association1411 Rockefeller Building
Cleveland, OH USA 44113
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Bulk carriers; Freight transportation; Operations; Ports; Statistics; Trade; Water traffic; Waterways
- Geographic Terms: Great Lakes; Saint Lawrence Seaway
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Trade statistics; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187050
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Lake Carriers' Association
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM