SHIP REGISTER. QUARTERLY REPORT
The Ship Register is published quarterly, with each update cancelling all previous issues. The data cover the principal characteristics of U.S. naval ships operated by the MSC, and U.S.-flag oceangoing merchant ships, over 1,000 GT, owned by the U.S. or its citizens. Ships are listed in 3 main groups: alphabetical listing of U.S. naval ships operated by the MSC (active or inactive); alphabetical listing of merchant ships in an operating status including ships repairing or temporarily out of service; and nonoperational ships in the National Defense Reserve Fleet maintained and preserved for purposes of national defense by MarAd. These latter ships are grouped according to layup sites and arranged in each group according to types, i.e., transports and combination passenger-cargo, ex-naval auxiliaries, tankers, refrigerated ships, and dry cargo carriers. Detailed ship characteristics covered include ship name, IRCS, class, design, year of build, GT, LOA, draft, DWT, speed, fuel, breadth, radius, dry cargo capacity, reefer capacity, total passenger and/or troop accommodations, liquid cargo capacity, capacity of the heaviest boom/crane in tons, owner's name, and whether damaged, immobilized, or converting, if applicable.
- For information, contact the Requirements, Analysis, and Procedures Branch of the MSC at (202) 282-2919.
Military Sealift CommandDepartment of the Navy
Washington, DC USA 20390
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Combination carriers; Directories; Dry bulk carriers; Fleet management; Merchant vessels; Military sealift; Military transportation; Military vessels; Passenger ships; Refrigerated ships; Registers; Statistics; Tankers; Vehicle characteristics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships; Reserve fleet
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Passenger vessels; Ship characteristics; Ship descriptions (Tankers)
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Military Sealift Command
- Report/Paper Numbers: MSC P504
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM