WORLD FREIGHTS (ANALYSIS). ANNUAL REPORT
This publication is a review of the relevant year global shipping and an interpretation of statistical tables. It also contains a chronological review of tramp markets on a month-by-month basis. Information presented includes: a statistical analysis of the year's tramp charterings by tonnage class, by commodity, and by user; annual growth rates for individual cargo sizes since the early 1960s; monthly freight variation in the key trades; a time-charter monthly index with equivalents from 1965 to the present; annual laid-up shipping returns; grain chartering by shipment zones; fertilizer charterings; movement patterns and freight rates for each class of plant foods and fertilizer raw materials; comparative rates for selected years; bulk trades data; analyses of movements and average ship tonnages for all routes and in respect to all bulk cargoes carried by tramp ships; zonal import and export analyses; average freight rates for the year; a listing of the largest vessels fixed on the principal sea routes; world seaborne trade statistics, 1960 to the present; growth rates in ship sizes and variations in the world fleet composition by flag and vessel type; ship propulsion analyses; world order books for new tonnage; current shipbuilding prices; and secondhand ship and scrap metal values.
British Sulphur Corporation Limited23 Upper Brook Street
London W1Y 2BB, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Bulk cargo handling; Chartering; Commodities; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; International transportation; Market surveys; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Rates; Statistics; Trade; Trade routes; Tramp shipping; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Freight rates
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Market studies; Trade analysis; Trade statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187027
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM