OUTER CONTINENTAL SHELF (OCS) EVENTS FILE (ANALYSIS)
The OCS file contains data on all spills of one barrel or more, blowouts, fires, explosions, fatalities, etc., related to the extraction and transportation of oil at sea. Elements include the date, location, type of operation, probable causes, and a brief description of the event. It contains over 1,300 events and has a variable update frequency.
- There is a hardcopy accident report, "Accidents Connected with Federal Oil and Gas Operation on the Outer Continental Shelf", issued by the OCS Events file.
U.S. Geological SurveyF Street Between 18th and 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20244
- Publication Date: 0
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Crash data; Crashes; Explosions; Fatalities; Fires; Maritime crashes; Offshore platforms; Oil spills; Ships; Statistics; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship fires
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Offshore platform casualties; Oil spill statistics; Ship casualties; Tanker explosions
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187019
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Department of the Interior
- Report/Paper Numbers: Data base
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM