INLAND WATERBORNE COMMERCE STATISTICS. ANNUAL REPORT
This annual report includes a list of commercially navigable waterways of the U.S. by lengths and depths; the number of towing vessels and barges of the U.S. operated for the transportation of freight as of January 1; the number of towing vessels and barges operated for the transportation of freight for previous years of the decade; the traffic transported on inland waterways of the U.S., exclusive of the Great Lakes, for the 20 previous calendar years; net tonnage and ton-miles of the year's coastal and coastwise traffic; total tons moved on inland waterways, exclusive of the Great Lakes; total ton-miles on inland waterways, exclusive of the Great Lakes; principal commodities transported on the inland waterways of the U.S., exclusive of the Great Lakes, in net tons of 2,000 pounds for the relevant and previous years; net tonnage and ton-miles for the total annual traffic, both on inland waterways and oceangoing; and the principal commodities carried during the calendar year, both oceangoing and inland waterways, for all river systems and inland waterways in the U.S.
American Waterways Operators, Incorporated1600 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 1101
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Commodities; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Inland waterways traffic; Rivers; Statistics; Towing devices; Water; Water traffic; Waterways
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge traffic; Commodity statistics; River traffic; Towing operations; Waterways commerce statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00186997
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: Annual
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM