COATING SYSTEMS GUIDE FOR EXTERIOR SURFACES OF STEEL VESSELS--(T&R BULLETIN 4-15)
This Guide contains, in a series of seven tables, suggestions and recommendations concerning procedures and precautions in applying various coatings to marine steel vessels or structures. The tables describe coatings currently used on a ship's bottom, the surface along the waterline, commonly known as boottop, the sides of the ship or freeboard, the weather decks and the superstructure. In addition, two of the tables are concerned with the compatibility of various primers with topcoats and new topcoats with existing topcoats as well. In addition to the aforementioned material, this revision also includes a table on the use of zinc primers, and in fact includes all those coating systems for which the panel has found sufficient service experience. A Glossary of Terms and List of References completes the publication.
- This T&R Bulletin 4-15 Supersedes Bulletin 4-10, Coating Systems Guide for Hull, Deck and Superstructure.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Hulls; Painting; Primers (Materials); Structural steel; Superstructures; Zinc coatings
- Old TRIS Terms: Coating performance; Hull painting
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00184772
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 13 1979 12:00AM