BS11 RAILWAY RAILS
This revised standard specifies requirements for flat-bottom rail and for the only bullhead rail still used in significant quantities, thus superseding BS9, the former standard for bullhead rail. Both traditional ingot casting and continuous casting practices are catered for in the revision, and wear-resistant rail grades appear for the first time. Metric sizes and dimensions make their appearance also, but imperial dimensions are retained as all rail profiles are based on imperial designs.
BRITISH STANDARDS INSTITUTE2 PARK STREET
LONDON, United Kingdom W1A 2BS
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Alloy steel; Metal heating; Rail (Railroads); Rail steel; Specifications; Structural design; Technology
- Uncontrolled Terms: Heat treatment
- Geographic Terms: United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Rail design; Rail specifications; Rail steel metallurgy
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00183909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Gazette International
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM