LEVEL CROSSING PROTECTION
This working committee report aims at simplifying design and construction techniques for automatic grade crossing protection and at reducing installation, operating and maintenance costs in the light of current European experience. Types of gates and warning devices, intervals for warnings to be given, elimination of manual crossing protection and standards for road surfaces and profiles are all discussed. A 10-year program for eliminating 1,000 manned crossings and reduced regulatory constraints on this process are recommended.
- A review of the report appeared in Modern Railways, Vol 35, No 361, October 1978.
Her Majesty's Stationery OfficeAtlantic Ho, Holborn Viaduct
London EC1P 1BN, England
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Grade crossing protection systems; Safety; Standards; Technology
- Geographic Terms: Europe; United Kingdom
- Old TRIS Terms: Grade crossing protection
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00183573
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Modern Railroads
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1978 12:00AM