PRODUCT TANKERS AND THEIR MARKET ROLE
Following on from previous Fairplay studies on LNG Carriers, LPG Carriers and Chemical Tankers, this latest book completes the examination of those vessels carrying specialised liquids in bulk. The pattern and means of petroleum products distribution could change appreciably in coming years if Middle East refinery plans are fully realized and alternative fuels, such as LPG, coal and nuclear, are able to make inroads into the traditional markets for gasoline, distillates and fuel oil. Contents include (1) origins, uses and physical properties of petroleum products (2) history of ship development (3) factors influencing ship design (4) operating procedures and equipment (5) safety considerations (6) product supply/demand scenarios (7) refinery location and development (8) principal fleets--oil companies, independents and national fleets and (9) fleet growth prospects.
Fairplay Publications, Limited1 Pudding Lane
London EC3R 8AA, England
- Corkhill, M
- Publication Date: 1978-2
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Liquid bulk cargo; Marine safety; Market surveys; Ship operations; Ships; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies; Product carrier design; Product tankers; Ship descriptions (Product tankers); Tanker demand; Tanker operations; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182916
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Fairplay Publications, Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM