THE ADVANCE OF DEEP-SEA, FULLY CELLULAR CONTAINER SHIPPING
Provides a concise account of the development of fully cellular deep-sea services to the present day and reviews the current pattern of activity. There follows an extensive analysis of the deep-sea, fully cellular fleet with age, flag, capacity, speed, deck gear and dimensions amongst the characteristics investigated. This leads on to a examination and estimation of the container capacity offered on the major deep-sea routes. The study concludes with an analysis of the orderbook and a consideration, on a route-by-route basis, of future prospects for fully cellular services--both on established containerised routes and on those routes where containerisation has yet to penetrate to any significant extent.
HPD Shipping Publications34 Brook Street, Mayfair
London W1Y 2LL, England
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Containerships; Fleet management; Merchant fleet operation; Merchant marine; Operations; Statistics; Trade routes
- Old TRIS Terms: Container operations; Fleet statistics
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00182909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: HPD Shipping Publications
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 67
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 2001 12:00AM