COVERED HOPPER ORDERS ZOOM
Transporting the carryover from the 1976-1977 season first in severe weather and then on top of an export boom for 1978 crops has confronted railroads with a record demand for grain transportation which has been handled satisfactorily. The demand has produced a sharp upturn in orders for new covered hopper cars. Statistics include grain in storage, port unloadings, covered hopper orders/deliveries and crop production over past five years with 1978 projections.
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Car utilization (Railroads); Commodities; Covered hopper cars; Freight traffic; Grain; International trade; Statistics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grain trade
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00182793
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1978 12:00AM