METRIC CONVERSION PLAN--SHIPBUILDING AND SHIP REPAIRING
The purpose of the sector conversion plan is to provide a guide to the individual firms and organizations concerned. It is not the intention of this plan to outline in detail how conversion should proceed, but rather to identify the major areas in which detailed planning is considered necessary. While some manufacturers in the shipbuilding industry have been producing metric ships for many years, this sector will achieve a substantially metric environment when customers order mainly in SI, when metric mateials and supplies are readily obtainable, and the internal operations of individual companies become metric.
- Individual organizations within the sector may obtain the complete plan documentation through the Canadian Shipbuilding and Ship Repairing Association, 100 Sparks Street, Suite 701, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5B7. Other organizations requiring a copy of the complete plan should address their request under their letterhead to the: Sector Plan Manager, Sector Committee 2.07, Metric Commission Canada, 240 Sparks Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0H5.
Metric Commission, Canada240 Sparks Street, Sector Committee 2.07
Ottawa, ONo K1A 0H5, Canada
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Metric system; Repairing; Shipbuilding; Ships
- Uncontrolled Terms: Metric conversion; Ship repair
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00182478
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Metric Commission Canada
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1996 12:00AM