LNG MATERIALS AND FLUIDS--A USER'S MANUAL OF PROPERTY DATA IN GRAPHIC FORMAT
The National Bureau of Standards Cryogenics Division is distributing a loose-leaf LNG Materials and Fluids User's Manual. The User's Manual is designed to provide property data and related information for the effective generation, utilization and transport of LNG. The total edition is planned to include: pure fluids data on methane, nitrogen, ethane, propane and iso and normal butane; fluid mixtures data involving methane with nitrogen, ethane, propane and iso and normal butane, including commercial LNG compositions; LNG materials data on structural metals and alloys; and materials data on thermal insulations, joining compounds, structual composite materials and aggregates, polymeric materials, and miscellaneous non-structural materials. The first edition and expandable binder contains 138 two-color (8-1/2 x 11-inch) charts and six wall charts (22 x 34-inch). This edition's property data are pressure-density-temperature, thermodynamic, transport and electromagnetic properties of pure methane and nitrogen; fluid mixtures of methane with nitrogen; and, the elastic, thermal and mechanical properties of aluminum alloys (3003, 5083 and 6061), stainless steels (304, 304L, 310 and 316), nickel steels (2.25, 3.5, 5 and 9% nickel) and invar. The wall charts are of the thermodynamic properties enthalpy-entropy (H-S), pressure-enthalpy (P-H) and temperature-entropy (T-S) for pure methane and pure nitrogen. Both British and SI (International System) units are used throughout, easily discernable by printing in separate colors. The expandable binder allows for future supplements.
- Copies of the first edition are $35.00 each. Additional rolled wall charts at $1.00 are available.
National Bureau of StandardsCryogenics Division, Institute for Basic Standards
Boulder, CO United States 80302
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Elasticity (Mechanics); Freight transportation; Liquefied natural gas; Mechanical properties; Thermal properties; Thermodynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Lng properties data; Lng transportation
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00180237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Bureau of Standards
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 27 1978 12:00AM