FLOATING CRANES AND FLOATING DERRICKS
This code is designed to guard against and minimize injury to workers and otherwise provide for the protection of life, limb, and property by prescribing minimum safety requirements, to provide direction to owners, employers, supervisors and others concerned with, or responsible for, its application, and to guide governments and other regulatory bodies in the development, promulgation, and enforcement of appropriate safety directives. This code applies to the construction, installation, inspection, maintenance, and operation of jacks; power operated cranes; crane runways; power operated and manually operated derricks and hoists; power operated overhead hoists and their runways; and slings.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Cranes; Derricks; Regulations; Safety; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Safety standards
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00040946
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ANSI B30.8-1971
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM