THE STATE OF CONTAINERIZATION 1979 (ANALYSIS)
This report is the fourth of a series, following an initial survey in 1972 and subsequent studies in 1974 and 1977. It includes the following data: intermodal ships in service (name of company, total number of intermodal ships by type, total container carrying capacity of all ships in TEUs, and capacity for refrigerated containers); a worldwide census of containers employed in the operational systems of steamship lines (name of company, number of dry vans, refrigerated or insulated containers, open top containers, half-height vans, dry bulk containers, tank containers, flats and other types, by 20 and 40 foot lengths); intermodal ships under construction or on order (name of company, flag, total number of intermodal ships by type, total carrying capacity of all ships in TEUs, and scheduled date of operation); container movements through world ports (name of port, total TEUs moved through the port for each year, 1972-1976, and a breakdown of amounts imported and exported); container tonnage handled in world ports in 1,000 metric tons (name of port, total tonnage handled, and a breakdown of amounts imported and exported, 1972-1977); traffic patterns for the U.S. (East, Gulf, and West Coasts and the Great Lakes), Canada, Europe, the Pacific, the Carribean, Central and South America, and the Middle East and Africa (name of port, origin or destination, deep or short sea, and mode); and a profile of container cargo and port services for all major ports in the above regions.
- This study was conducted by Transport 2000 promoted by and on behalf of the Flexi-Van Corporation.
- Publication Date: 1978-12
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Container terminals; Container traffic; Containerization; Containers; Containerships; Directories; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Refrigeration; Refrigeration systems; Ship motion; Surveys; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Containerized cargo; Intermodal containers; Ship characteristics; Ship movements; Survey reports
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Intermodal World
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM