STATISTICS OF CASUALTIES. ANNUAL REPORT
This statistical summary is presented annually in the March issue of the Proceedings of the Marine Safety Council. The information provided covers all commercial vessel casualties that were investigated by Coast Guard marine inspectors during the previous fiscal year. Data include a summary of commercial vessel casualties, giving primary cause of the accident, type of vessel, GT, length, age, location of the casualty, time of day of the casualty, estimated dollar losses, number of vessels totally lost, the reason for the collision/explosion/grounding/foundering, the type of material failure, and estimated cargo damage; a summary of deaths/injuries due to a vessel casualty, including primary cause, type of vessel involved, particulars of the person deceased/injured, and part of the body involved; a summary of deaths on board commercial vessels not involving a vessel casualty, with the cause of death, type of vessel involved, time of day, particulars of the deceased, and part of the of the body involved; and a summary of personnel injuries on board all commercial vessels, giving the cause of injury, type of vessel involved, time of day, particulars of the person injured, and part of the body involved in the injury.
U.S. Coast GuardMarine Safety Council, 400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Crash data; Crashes; Fatalities; Loss and damage; Ships; Statistics; Water transportation crashes
- Old TRIS Terms: Casualty data; Collision statistics; Personnel casualties; Ship casualties; Ship losses
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00187029
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Coast Guard
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM