VEHICLE LIMITS FOR ROAD SAFETY AND ROAD PROTECTION
The staturory limitations placed upon registeried motor vehicles by road authorities falls into one of two groups: those limiting the mass tire pressure which are related to the strength of road pavements and bridges, and those limiting vehicle dimensions such as length, width, axle spacing and turning circle, which are related to the width of roads and bridges, the shape and curvature of the road and the general layout of intersections. The more important limitations applying in each Australian state and territory and summarized and discussed.
National Association of Australian State Road Auth323 Castlereagh Street
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Bridges; Highway safety; Intersections; Pavements; Pressure; Regulations; Service life; Size; Tires; Traffic restraint; Turning radius; Vehicles; Width
- Uncontrolled Terms: Vehicle restrictions
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement life; Pavement width
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; Law; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188448
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 12 1979 12:00AM