LABORATORY SIMULATION OF TRANSPORTATION MODE CHOICE: METHODS, MODELS, AND VALIDITY TESTS
The use of laboratory simulation techniques, the potential advantages of this approach for addressing important issues in transportation, and the problems that must be overcome before these advantages can be realized are detailed. Some recent studies which have addressed these problems are described, and the implications of these studies for transportation planners are discussed.
- This paper was presented at the Third Colloquium on Economic Psychology, Augsburg, West Germany, July 1978.
University of Iowa, Iowa CityInstitute of Urban and Regional Research
Iowa City, IA USA 52242
- Levin, I P
- Publication Date: 1978-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Laboratory studies; Simulation; Transportation planning
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00188438
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: University of Iowa, Iowa City
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech. Report 105 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM