SAFETY AND COMFORT -- FACTORS IN VOLVO OCCUPANT COMPARTMENT PACKAGING
The means by which Volvo has arrived at its present criteria of crashworthiness are described. The present Volvo model offers a stroking distance of forty inches which provides a high level of safety performance when combined with three-point lap and shoulder belt restraint, air bags, and knee padding. The analytical framework for optimizing deceleration pulse for given deceleration distances is illustrated.
- Prepared for Meeting 27 February--3 March 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Bohlin, N
- Hallen, Anders
- Runberger, S
- Aasberg, A
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Automobiles; Comfort; Crashworthiness; Deceleration; Design; Manual safety belts; Safety; Shoulder harnesses; Traffic crashes
- Old TRIS Terms: Shoulder harness
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188426
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780135 Reprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 14 1979 12:00AM