EMISSIONS FROM CATALYST CARS BEYOND 50 000 MILES AND THE IMPLICATIONS FOR THE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE CONTROL PROGRAM
Based upon EPA estimates, catalyst-equipped vehicles with more than 50,000 miles currently emit almost three quarters of the CO and HC from in-use cars. Changes in the FMVCP are recommended that would lessen the proportion of air pollution contributed by automobiles whose catalysts have deteriorated.
- Prepared for Meeting, February 27-March 3, 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- WALSH, M P
- Nuissbaum, B D
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Automobiles; Carbon monoxide; Catalysts; Control; Emission control systems; Exhaust gases; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Hydrocarbons; Pollutants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Federal programs
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188411
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780027 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM