AUTOMOBILE ENGINES - PERFORMANCE CRC OCTANE NUMBER REQUIREMENT SURVEY, 1977
In the 20th annual statistical survey of current model cars conducted by Coordinating Research Council, Inc., test data were obtained on 450 1976 cars; this included ten selected models of special interest. The 1976 program determined maximum octane number requirements under full and part throttle operating conditions, and also if surface ignition knock and rumble were present.
- Prepared by the Analytical Panel of the CRC, Octane Number Requirement Survey Group, and published under the Motor Vehicle Fuel, Lubrication and Equipment Research Committtee
Coordinating Research Council, Incorporated30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY United States 10020
- Publication Date: 1977-7
- Pagination: 192 p.
- TRT Terms: Antiknock compounds; Engine knock; Gasoline; Ignition; Motor fuels; Noise; Octane number; Performance; Performance tests; Ratings; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Octane number requirment; Octane rating
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188408
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM