MONITORING STRESS WAVE EMISSIONS
Basic principles of the acoustic-emission technique used at the Center are discussed, and a review of some applications of the method are presented. Potential capabilities and drawbacks to naval applications are summarized; finally, a description of the design and construction of the present monitoring capability at the Naval Ship Research and Development Center is presented.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterWashington, DC United States
- Vanderveldt, H H
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 45 p.
- TRT Terms: Failure; Fatigue tests; Mechanical failure; Nondestructive tests; Probability
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00040934
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-3809
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM