AN EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF THE GROWTH OF MECHANICALLY GENERATED SURFACE WATER WAVES WHEN SUBJECTED TO A FULLY DEVELOPED TURBULENT CHANNEL AIRFLOW
An experimental study was conducted to measure the growth rates of mechanically generated surface water waves when subjected to fully developed turbulent channel airflow. The study was designed to test the accuracy of the growth rates predicted by the Miles; 1962 Theory.
Johns Hopkins University, BaltimoreChesapeake Bay Institute
Baltimore, MD USA
- Wilson, W S
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 102 p.
- TRT Terms: Measurement; Water waves; Wave height; Wave measurement; Wave motion; Wind tunnels; Wind waves
- Subject Areas: Design; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040929
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ref-72-2; TR-74 Tech Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-67-A-01630006
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 23 1973 12:00AM