UNDERSTANDING THE FREIGHT BUSINESS
The manual is intended to form a quick-reference on the planning of forwarding cargo from producer to customer. The following chapters discuss various aspects of the industry: (1) route selection; (2) modern international surface transport; (3) airfreight-speed and security; (4) surface freight rates and transport costing; (5) packing for export; (6) hazardous goods by sea; (7) export documentation; (8) eec documentation and value added tax (vat); (9) import procedures; and, (10) marine insurance.
Meadows (Thomas) and Company Limited36 Grosvenor Gardens
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 142 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Aircraft; Containers; Economic factors; Economics; Freight handling; Freight transportation; Industries; International; International trade; Logistics; Physical distribution; Planning; Railroad transportation; Ships; Textbooks; Transportation; Trucks
- Old TRIS Terms: Haulage
- ITRD Terms: 155: Administration; 1020: Container (freight); 263: Economics of transport; 1112: Freight transport; 332: Industry; 9034: International; 1236: Lorry; 5149: Mechanical handling; 143: Planning; 1173: Rail bound transport; 1063: Railway network; 1060: Sleeper (railway); 8526: Textbook
- Subject Areas: Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00188327
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM