METHODS FOR COMPUTING RADIATION DAMPING AND THE VIBRATORY RESPONSE OF FLUID LOADED AND ACOUSTICALLY RADIATING FINITE RECTANGULAR PLATES SUBJECT TO TURBULENCE EXCITATION-OPTION 4
Various methods are presented for computing the radiation damping of thin finite rectangular plates immersed in heavy and light fluid media. Based upon the results, preferred methods of computation are recommended. These methods and corresponding computer program--Option 4--are of particular value in extending previously formulated digital computer programs for obtaining the vibroacoustic response to turbulence excitation of a plate. Computer results are given for a particular case including the effect of both radiation damping and fluid loading on the vibratory response of a plate subject to turbulence excitation.
Naval Ship Research and Development CenterWashington, DC USA
- Leibowitz, R C
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 212 p.
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric pressure; Damping (Physics); Fluid dynamics; Hulls; Turbulence; Vibration
- Old TRIS Terms: Fluid loading effects; Hull vibration; Pressure fluctuations
- Subject Areas: Design; Environment; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040918
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSRDC-2976D
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM