SYSTEMS APPROACH TO LIFE-CYCLE DESIGN OF PAVEMENTS--VOLUME I, LIFE 2 USER'S MANUAL
This report is the first of a three-volume report which documents an automated system (LIFE2), for analyzing pavement designs and maintenance and repair strategies based on life-cycle costs. LIFE2 models existing Corps of Engineers criteria for designing both rigid and flexible pavements for airfields, roads, and streets. The program also includes analytical procedures for evaluating earthwork, drainage, and frost protection requiremnts, as well as maintenance costs. The resutling combinations of design schemes and maintenance strategies are ranked by total cost over the design life of the pavement. Volume I is the LIFE2 User's Manual, Volume II is the LIFE2 System Documentation, and Volume III is the LIFE2 Program Listing. /Author/
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Lindow, E S
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 89 p.
- TRT Terms: Drainage; Earthwork; Flexible pavements; Frost protection; Life cycle analysis; Manuals; Pavement design; Pavement maintenance; Rigid pavements; Simulation; Systems analysis
- Subject Areas: Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00188187
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TR-M-253 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 28 1979 12:00AM