PLAN REFINEMENT STUDY FOR THE COMMUTER RAIL IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
This study provides a thorough analysis of commuter rail and other feasible alternatives for transit service to Boston's suburbs, indicating the best alternative for each commuter rail corridor and whether and in what form the Commuter Rail Improvement Program (CRIP) should be continued. Impacts of each alternative on operating costs, capital costs, ridership, revenues, traffic flow and regional economic considerations have been estimated.
CENTRAL TRANSPORTATION PLANNING STAFFBOSTON, MA United States
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 127 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Passengers; Regional planning; Ridership; Subsidies; Transportation planning; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Geographic Terms: Boston (Massachusetts)
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188169
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-09-0001 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1981 12:00AM