THE MINNESOTA COAL STUDY AN INTERIM REPORT TO THE LEGISLATURE
This report provides an overview of Minnesota's present and projected coal use, including preliminary findings on demand trends and projections, transportation routes, impacts of increased rail transport on communities, and potential industrial conversion to coal. The impacts of increased coal consumption on air quality and water use are also briefly discussed.
Minnesota Energy AgencyAmerican Center Bldg, 150 East Kellogg Boulevard
St Paul, MN United States 55101
- Publication Date: 1978-1-1
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Coal industry; Environmental impacts; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Public utilities; Railroad grade crossings; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic density; Traffic forecasting; Unit trains
- Identifier Terms: BNSF Railway; Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Utilities
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00188168
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM