THE CALTRANS PROGRAM OF INTERCITY RAIL SERVICE
This document is a guide to development of rail passenger service in California along with Caltrans' plans for such service. It examines intercity rail corridors within the State to determine relative likelihood of success of passenger train services. Factors considered include population density, previous rail ridership, highway congestion, and circumstances affecting operating and capital costs.
California Department of Transportation1120 N Street
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Corridors; Government funding; Passenger service; Passengers; Ridership; Routing; Scheduling; State departments of transportation; Transportation planning; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Amtrak
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00188167
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM