CURRENT TRANSPORTATION ISSUES IN THE UNITED STATES: VOLUME I: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report summarizes the activities of the first major task in the Commission's work plan--identification of key transportation issues. The report consists of two volumes. Volume I, Executive Summary, presents an overview of the issue identification process, with brief descriptions of the twenty-five key issues and a statement on the implications and conclusions resulting from the issue identification task. Volume II, Issue Papers and Source Materials, contains a full description of the identification task--with discussion of the literature review, mail survey of transportation experts, and public hearings. Volume II contains twenty-five issue papers, describing the key issues and giving a bibliography of sources used. Volume II also has summaries of some of the more significant transportation policy studies identified through the literature review.
National Transportation Policy Study Commission2000 M Street, NW, Suite 3000
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1978-9
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Competition; Domestic; Economic development; Energy; Energy conservation; Finance; Government funding; Intermodal transportation; International trade; Policy; Regulation; Regulations; Safety; Shipping; Subsidies; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Transportation policy; User charges; Waterways
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Government regulations; National transportation policies; Shipping policies; Transport policies/national
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Finance; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00188152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Transportation Policy Study Commission
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTPSC-SR-78-01-A
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM