SHIPPING OPERATIONS INFORMATION SYSTEM NETWORK DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FINAL REPORT
This report describes the activities carried out to promote acquisition and installation of computer software modules development in MarAd's Shipping Operations Information System (SOIS) by member companies of the U.S. flag shipping industry. Principal efforts included the conversion and installation of six modules on the GE commercial computer network and the development of informational materials to depict the benefits of utilizing the various SOIS modules.
- Also available from NTIS, PB-290157/7ST.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- CHOATE, T
- Publication Date: 1978-9-30
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Data communications; Data processing; Finance; Information systems; Shipping
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Old TRIS Terms: Maritime information systems; Shipping industries; Shipping operations information systems
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00188141
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-RD-930-79019 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 7-38049
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 27 1979 12:00AM