REPORT OF THE ARCTIC ICE OBSERVING AND FORECASTING PROGRAM--1969
The report contains a summary of Naval Oceanographic Office and Naval Weather Service Ice Operations during 1969. It describes operational aspects of obtaining and disseminating ice information and the ice forecasting and observing program. Ice charts are provided covering 6-day periods, including Danish and satellite data and depicting observed synoptic ice conditions. Locations of oceanographic stations occupied in the polar and subpolar regions are included.
Naval Oceanographic OfficeWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1970-8
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Forecasting; Ice; Nautical charts; Sea ice; Surveys; Weather forecasting
- Candidate Terms: Ice forecasting
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Arctic surveys; Ice charts
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040912
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NOO-SP-70(69) Spec Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM