WELDING OF HIGH STRENGTH STEELS
Brief information is presented on the composition and properties of high-strength steels. Questions of their weldability are discussed, modern concepts of the causes and mechanism of cold and hot cracking are set forth and ways of preventing them are suggested. Information about the properties of weld joints, welding materials and conditions employed for welding in an atmosphere of protective gases, automatic welding under flux, electroslag, electron beam and diffusion welding of high-strength steels is included.
- Translated from monograph Svarka Vysokoprochnykh Stalei, Kiev, 1971, 140 pp.
Joint Publications Research Service,
- Makara, A M
- Mosendz, N A
- Publication Date: 1972-7-19
- Pagination: 39 p.
- TRT Terms: Cold weather; Cracking; Electroslag welding; Joints (Engineering); Welding; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cold cracking; Hot cracking; Weldability; Welded joints
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00040909
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM