CARGO RESTRAINT CRITERIA FOR RAIL TRANSPORTATION
This report discusses criteria for cargo restraint and cargo tiedown for the forces resulting from the rail transportation environment. The report covers methods for calculating the restraint forces for a broad range of cargo/railcar combinations. Use of these methods will improve accuracy of restraint criteria and, in turn, will improve reliability of cargo restraints and reduce costs consequent to restraint over-design.
Military Traffic Management CommandTransportation Engineering Agency
Newport News, VA United States 23606
- Kennedy, R
- Publication Date: 1978-5
- Pagination: 32 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Freight transportation; Loads; Loss and damage; Occupant protection devices; Tiedowns
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Impact protection; Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Lading protection
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00188068
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Military Traffic Management Command
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTMC Report TR 75-5 Tech Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM