TANKTAINER--A PORTABLE BULK LIQUID TANK CONTAINER FOR INTERMODAL SERVICE
This paper describes the "TankTainer," a portable liquid tank container for intermodal service. The TankTainer is designed for transport of bulk commodities in the Marine, Highway, and Railroad modes. It is of monocoque design, utilizing the inherent structural load-carrying capabilities of the cylindrical tank between integral tubular structural end frames.
- Contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, December 10-15, 1978.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Mowatt-Larssen, E
- Publication Date: 1978-7-13
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Container on flat car; Containers; Design; Finite element method; Freight traffic; Guided missiles; Hazardous materials; Impact tests; Intermodal transportation; Liquid bulk cargo; Tanks (Containers)
- Identifier Terms: International Standards Organization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tank containers
- Old TRIS Terms: Bulk materials; Container design; Liquid freight; Monocoque construction
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00188067
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 78-WA/RT-10 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 3 1979 12:00AM