TRANSVERSE GRAVITY EFFECTS ON A FULLY CAVITATING HYDROFOIL RUNNING BELOW A FREE SURFACE
Equations are presented which describe the fully cavitating flow of fluid past a flat plate hydrofoil running below a free surface. Transverse gravity field effects are included in the analysis. The equations are developed by the use of complex function theory and Tulin's double-spiral-vortex cavity model. Two FORTRAN 4 computer programs have been developed to evaluate the equations. Features and use of these programs are discussed, and program listings are presented in the appendix.
Larock (Bruce E)Davis, CA United States
- Larock, B E
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Free surface; Hydrofoils
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating hydrofoils; Free surface effects
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040907
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7201 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-72-C-0109
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM