TRANSVERSE GRAVITY EFFECTS ON A FULLY CAVITATING HYDROFOIL RUNNING BELOW A FREE SURFACE
Equations are presented which describe the fully cavitating flow of fluid past a flat plate hydrofoil running below a free surface. Transverse gravity field effects are included in the analysis. The equations are developed by the use of complex function theory and Tulin's double-spiral-vortex cavity model. Two FORTRAN 4 computer programs have been developed to evaluate the equations. Features and use of these programs are discussed, and program listings are presented in the appendix.
Larock (Bruce E)Davis, CA USA
- Larock, B E
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Free surface; Hydrofoils
- Old TRIS Terms: Cavitating hydrofoils; Free surface effects
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00040907
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TR-7201 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: N00014-72-C-0109
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM