TRANSPORTATION TECHNOLOGY FOR DEVELOPMENT. VOLUME II
The second volume of the transportation technology for development study contains sections on: Aerial tramway transportation systems; beltway (endless moving belt) transportation systems; monorail transportation systems; air cushion (or ground effect, surface effect) vehicle transportation systems; hydrofoil transportation systems; special purpose vehicles (i.e., those capable of moving over terrain away from established route networks); new power sources and their effect on transportation technology; external technological factors (food production, water supply, mining and mineral processing, petroleum production, power generation) and their influence on transportation needs.
- See also Volume 1, MRIS #041269.
Battelle Memorial Institute505 King Avenue
Columbus, OH USA 43201
- Cheaney, E S
- Leis, R D
- Landreman, D M
- Publication Date: 1968-2
- Pagination: 265 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight handling; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Network analysis (Planning); Systems analysis; Technology; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Transportation system analysis; Transportation technology
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00040902
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TA/OST-AN-68-2-2
- Contract Numbers: AID/csd-762
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM