THE SHIPS AND AIRCRAFT OF THE U.S. FLEET. ELEVENTH EDITION. (ANALYSIS, FORECAST)
This edition includes general data on ships and aircraft; an analysis of the current state of the fleet; predictions of future ship classes, personnel requirements, and fleet organization; and naval air organization. There are over 1000 dated photographs with details of ships, aircraft, and shipboard weapons and sensors. Vessels of the Navy, Marine Corps, USCG, Naval Reserve Force, Military Sealift Command, and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration are covered. There is also a ships' names index.
- Also available are facsimile reprints of 4 of the earliest editions, 1939, 1941, 1942, and 1945, edited by James C. Fahey.
United States Naval Institute PressAnnapolis, MD USA 21402
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 359 p.
- TRT Terms: Directories; Fleet management; Military sealift; Military transportation; Military vessels; Statistics; Vehicle characteristics
- Old TRIS Terms: Fleet statistics; Ship characteristics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00187041
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Naval Institute Press
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1978 12:00AM